Monday – SATURDAY 08:00 – 17:00
Chief Financial Officer Services
MCK Accountants delivers outsourced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) services in an agile and very cost-effective manner while helping you answer some of your most challenging questions facing your business.
Facilitated CFO Strategy Sessions
- Corporate plan development
- Business cycle and seasonality assessments
- Working capital management strategies
- Operating model and business optimization
Secondment of Finance Resources
- Managed interim financial resourcing
- Year-end support
- Audit readiness
- Special finance projects, reconciliation & account reconstruction, zero-based budgeting, and financial modeling.
Accounting Advisory Services
Accounting Change Services
The International Accounting Services Board (IASB) is responsible for the development and publication of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
In the South African context, the Accounting Standards Board (ASB) also develops the Standards of Generally Recognised Accounting Practice (GRAP) that enhance financial reporting by all spheres of the Public Sector.
Ever-changing legislation and accounting frameworks are matched only by the new methods devised to make financial reporting as efficient as possible.
We are well-positioned to help you implement new accounting standards. Our professionals can provide timely advice on the impacts of accounting changes, assist you in the development of an implementation roadmap and conduct technical training sessions to equip your team with the knowledge to navigate new standards successfully.
Integrated Forecasting & Reporting
Integrated forecasting and reporting of your business financials will help you get a grip on cash flow and make crucial decisions about the future of your business. As a trusted advisor, we use our expert accounting and business knowledge along with complex analysis of your financials to help you make decisions and take actions that will help your business grow and succeed.
Cash & Accrual Basis Accounting
The cash basis of accounting recognizes revenues when cash is received, and expenses when they are paid. This method does not recognize accounts receivable or accounts payable.
Accrual accounting is a method of accounting where revenues and expenses are recorded when they are earned, regardless of when the money is actually received or paid.
We’ll look at both methods in detail, and how each one would affect your business from both a cash-flow and tax perspective.
Statutory Reporting & Bookkeeping Compliance
New developments in regulation, changes in accounting standards and increased public interest demands for greater transparency on tax and accounting structures and records, are all increasing the burden on accounting, finance and tax departments.
At the same time, accounting and finance functions are under pressure to provide more and better reporting and compliance in an ever shorter time frame with fewer resources.
We assist the you with preparation of fully compliant financial statements that can be used for different purposes including but not limited to submission to funders and financial institutions.
Pre & Post Deal Reporting
The decision to sell a division of your company has been made and you have been tasked with the preparation of auditable stand-alone financial statements for inclusion in regulatory filings or as part of the sales documents. Will you be able to prepare the financial statements and meet the requisite regulatory filing deadlines or those imposed by the acquirer, without interruptions to your business?
There are a variety of financial reporting and accounting considerations impacting your needs, like transaction structuring, valuations, post-deal integration of the acquired business, transaction related accounting issues and regulators, etc.
We can help you plan and complete acquisition or divestiture transactions, as well as advise on each stage of the transaction life cycle. By remaining involved through the life cycle of the transaction, our teams help you develop appropriate accounting, finance and tax structures, as well as advise on post-deal and integration strategies.
Cloud Based Accounting
As a modern firm, MCK Accountants has embraced the future of cloud-based accounting and aligned with well-known partners in this field.
We offer a comprehensive, secure and reliable cloud accounting solution at fixed rates and services tailored for your business. Log in online anytime, anywhere on PC, tablet or phone and see up-to-date financials. Its small business accounting software that is simple and smart.
This allows us to focus on what is really important, giving expert advice to help you grow your business. Having real-time up to date financial information is crucial to sustainable business and with cloud-based accounting this is possible.
As such our service in this area has also evolved. Our areas of specific focus include:
- Fulfilling Financial Manager role for you
- Planning and budgeting
- Analyzing reports and statements, pointing out any issues you need to be aware of – positive and negative
- Advice on potential improvements and savings in the business
- Structured use of financial ratios, both historically and in future scenarios
Internal business processes and procedures
- Attending of management/director meetings
Financial Statements and Independent Reviews
We assist you with a limited assurance engagement where we perform, primarily inquiry and analytical procedures, to obtain sufficient appropriate evidence as the basis for a conclusion on the financial statements as a whole, expressed in accordance with the requirements of the applicable financial reporting framework.
We prefer a proactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that attempt to minimize both your current and future tax liabilities.
We make sure you don’t pay more tax than is necessary and that your activities remain tax efficient.
Our tax services cover a number of broad areas.
A complex regulatory accounting environment increases the need to have up to date knowledge of relevant accounting standards and their relationship to tax. In this vein, our highly qualified accountants are able to assist with a wide range of accounting-related tax issues.
Compliance and Tax Management
- Preparation, completion, and submission of the annual income tax return and relevant supporting schedules
- Checking of all assessments and statement of accounts received in respect of annual tax returns, including revised assessments
- Lodging notices of objection and appeals against incorrect or disputed assessments
- Attending to queries from SARS on your behalf in respect of any contentious or disputed matters
- Preparation and submission of provisional tax returns and advise on the extent of appropriate provisional tax payments
- Registration of taxpayer for SARS e-filing and any amendments to the e-filing profile
- Registration as income taxpayer, provisional taxpayer, PAYE registrations, customs registrations and/or registration as VAT vendor
- Attending to tax clearance certificates
- Attending to and acting as your tax advisor in all matters which you specifically refer to us
- Consulting services regarding the application of the VAT Act
- VAT risk identification and assessment
- VAT implications of proposed business transactions (local and international)
- Compliance reviews
- Dispute resolution
- Calculation reviews
- Business transactions, mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate restructures and re-organisations
- Management buy-outs, exit planning and succession
- Group tax analysis and restructuring
- Business start ups
- Joint ventures
Tax Dispute Resolution
- Drafting of objections and appeals
- Attending to SARS enquiries and liaising with SARS to efficiently resolve matters
- Assisting you with the SARS audit process
- Representing you in alternative dispute resolution reviews with SARS
Gauteng, South Africa
(+27) 64 654 2126
(+27) 11 568 0119